1.30.2011

Weekend Racing

More Cycle Folsom Ride Leaders and members are racing this year. While the Peloton Group was heading down to Pocket for wet 78 mile jaunt, and the Gruppetto Group was tackling the local Folsom Cols, Performance Ride Leader Phil and new Cycle Folsom member Mark, both riding for the Folsom Bike Race Team, had a wet and wild ride at the Cal Aggie Criterium in Land Park on Saturday. Check out their race reports in the Cycle Folsom Race Report discussion.

Since I'm new to racing (Folsom Bike Race Team), I headed down to Fremont for the 4th Early Bird Criterium. I think this is a great program that combines a skills clinic followed by a criterium. I almost didn't line-up for the race. Some guys got a little too squirrely in the clinic and there was 2 crashes. Not a good sign, but I ended up lining-up along side Cycle Folsom member Jeff racing for Bicycles Plus.

The sun came out after a wet morning and the race turned out to be uneventful in a good way. I tried to stay up near the front for most of the race to stay out of any trouble. I few guys every now and again would take a flyer off the front; I felt the need to shut 'em down. At one point Jeff and I ended up on the sharp end of the peloton. All in all, it was a good practice race; no crashes. Sunday, February 13th will be the real race. I hope I can mix it up in the sprint.



More photos on Flickr, thanks to Krysta.

No comments:

Post a Comment